Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Favorite Lens

From time to time, I get to use hubby's 40D. I'm not exactly fond of using it unless I really need to (read: sideline photography gigs) because it's so bulky, and uploading pictures is not as quick & easy as my G9 *lazy!*

Lately though, I find myself using it a lot to take pictures of Dade because we got ourselves a new lens. Yup, it's the very lens I've been wanting to get for the longest time but was procrastinating on buying because I was hoping i'd be able to save enough for the L version of it. But what the heck! It's sole purpose is to capture moments not for commercial use so I decided to be practical & buy the cheapest & most economical one among the three versions.



Thanks to Canon's 50 mm f/1.8, I can now take nice bokeh pictures in one easy click of a button. yeah, it makes noise and is much slower than the f/1.4 and f/1.2 but it does take very sharp images without the hefty price tag. I'm so glad I didn't cough up that large sum of money for a lens that takes awesome pictures. Me likey! :)

I'll be postin' some recent pics of Dade shortly. Gotta go in the meantime as my now talkative boss beckons me. Later...

6 comments:

d3nd3n said...

hi gracie! thanks for reminding how this lens makes noise.

I dropped mine and couldn't for the life of me remember if it made that much noise. Kala ko sira kasi nalaglag.

AEC said...

that's the same kind (for nikon) of lens i was considering when i still (vain imagination) had a dslr. hehe. i've read good reviews on getting a 50mm lens. cheap na ganda pa kumuha.

Joanne MV said...

An award for you sis - http://www.reejane.com/2009/09/blog-award.html :)

Gracie said...

hi denden,
thanks for the visit! yup, maingay pero it doesn't matter. nice naman outcome ng bawat shot eh :) and yup again, hindi sira ang lens mo :P

Gracie said...

hi mandy,
it's the best lens i've ever used! i love its performance, lalo na the price tag of the lens itself :) i regret nga na ngayon lang kami bumili nito.

Gracie said...

hi joanne,
thanks for the award, sis!