Thursday, August 7, 2008

household chores

was tagged by Mich, Jhona & Tracy. thanks, girls!

~~START COPY~~~



this meme is pretty simple.

here are the rules:
1. list down the household chores you hate and why. do you think you can survive without helpers and nannies?
2. copy the image.
3. tag as many girlfriends you want, the daddies and hubbies can also join.
4. add your blog’s link in the domesticated divas linky love. you can add all your blogs.
5. leave
ME a comment and i’ll add you up in the masterlist.

DOMESTICATED DIVAS: Living the Healthy Life / Sripe&Yellow / Vanity Kit / Mind Bubbles / Something Purple / Em’s Detour / Me,Myself+2 / Kidd Designs / FunFierceFabulous / Ozzy’s Mom / Insights from the Grocery Cart / Living A’ La Mode / God’s Best Gift / MommyAllehs Up-Close And Personal / My Precious Niche / Just Me.. Eds / Eds Mommy Life / Aggie Shoots Aggie Scraps / All Kinds of Me Stuff / The Salad Caper / Winding Creek Circle / InkBabyStudios / Joys in Life / Me and Mine / Little Peanut / Creative in Me/ Pea in a Pod / Sugarmagnolias / Notable Bistro / Around the World / I am Mommy / All About The Memories / Enchanted Play / In Depth / A Housewife’s Journal / Life Together Starts / As We Face Forever / My Happy Place /Iam Dzoi / Suburban Sass / To the Moon and Back / Raising Sandy / Walk on Red / All Things Me / Because Life Is Fun / Feels Like Home / Growing up with Bea / My life… my own piece of heaven / Around the World / Hobbies and Such / My life in this Wonderful World /My Online World / / My Virtual Closet / My Views On My So Called Life / The Real Deal The Real Me / Changing Lanes/ Pit Stop/ Around the World / The Fountain Of Happiness / The Joy Of Life Forever / Love Is / Phtographic Memories / My life in this Wonderful World /My Online World / Me and Mine / Little Peanut / Creative in Me/ Pea in a Pod / Sugarmagnolias / Notable Bistro / Around the World / My Colorful World / A Reality Bite / YOUR BLOG HERE

~~~END COPY~~~

despite having helpers back home, my parents made sure that me and my siblings are well-trained with the household chores. at the age of 10, i could already cook breakfast and simple viands such as stewed vegetables, adobo, pinakbet, menudo, and pecadillo. i was even taught how to cook rice using the native ‘kaldero’. and when i was 12, i’ve learned the art of ironing, which i love doing quite strangely. but the one and only chore i hate doing is the laundry. i hate washing clothes by hand, and i hate, hate, hate hanging clothes in the clothesline to dry. for some reason, i find it so exhausting.

i think i was trained pretty well by my folks. when i moved here to Dubai 3 years ago, i managed to do all kinds of chores quite well. during my first couple of months here, i had to live with my cousin, and whenever she’s away on a flight with lay overs, i’d clean, sweep, scrub and declutter her flat to fight away boredom. and when hubby and i moved together, i was able to juggle my time between work, household chores & spending quality time with Ryan. so i guess i could live without helpers because so far, my hubby and i are ok without them. but once we start having a family, then i guess we’ll need to hire a nanny ‘cos having a baby is a different story.

i’m tagging
Vannie & Abie to know which chores they abhor.

2 comments:

Weng said...

i was tagged for this meme. hindi ko pa nagagawa. hee hee. mamaya siguro. ;)

Vannie said...

did it here gracie thanks
http://www.ozzysmom.com/2008/08/i-hate-these-chores.html